Friday, October 5, 2012

Gifted babies

My babies are gifted. I don't mean academically or athletically (although I'm sure they will be both :-)

My babies have burgeoning super senses and ESP. They have the uncanny ability to know exactly when I am doing something for myself and the exact worst moment in that process to interrupt me. If I am having breakfast, someone will start crying the moment the milk hits the cereal. If I forego cold cereal in an attempt to thwart them and avoid soggy cinnamon Life, they start to cry the moment I crack an egg into a sauté pan. Turning on the shower and stepping in is fine, but try putting shampoo in my hair and they know it. They also have an amazing ability to detect the second my foot hits the bottom stair and the instant I sit down on the couch.

Perhaps someday these talents will mature and expand to include Superbowl picks, lottery numbers, and the stock market. Until then I'll stick to bagels for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment