Thursday, September 5, 2013

An accidental hike

Yesterday I accidentally took a four mile walk with my sixty pound stroller.  I know, four miles is not that much in the grander scheme of things, but I was pushing a sixty pound stroller and our neighborhood has some rolling hills and I had only planned to do two miles.

Why did I double my planned walk, you might ask.  Because I decided I didn't want to walk with my key and phone in my pocket.  They kind of mess with my gait and make my hips hurt a little.  Unfortunately I remembered this after I had left the house and I decided to put the keys in the stroller instead of going home to get a purse.

So my neighbor and I took off on our walk, me with my double stroller and kiddies, her with her carrier and baby boy.  We did our full two miles and then let the kids out to play in the grass at the little park on our route.  As we split up to head home I realized I did not have my keys or phone.  I flagged her down and we tried calling my phone and searched for my keys.  

Eventually, a nice old lady answered my phone and I picked it up from her.  Then my friend and I searched the park for my keys to no avail.  Finally we split up to finish the search.  I took the long loop and she headed home to search the rest of our route.  I ran into my husband almost immediately, so at least I had some help with the stroller for the second loop.  Halfway through my loop she called to let me know she had found them.  

Thank heaven!  I was not looking forward to rekeying my doors and getting new car keys.  We arrived home exhausted (all three of us) and covered with graham cracker crumbs.  I was forced to buy cooperation with snacks after the cherubs got sick of being in their stroller (I can't blame them, I was certainly sick of pushing their stroller).

Lessons of the day...

Bring a purse on walks

Put key and phone in purse

Do Not Lose Purse!

Also, I can do more walking than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment