Thursday, August 29, 2013

Things I Love

Now that I have emerged from the haze of postpartum depression and anxiety, I'm enjoying my life so much more.  Here are some of the things I love these days.

Freshly painted toenails.  Nicely lacquered nails make me feel like a grownup, and these days I love expensive nail polish.  Okay, so it's still from Target, but it's still nice polish.  And I love that my daughter is old enough to request matching toes!



Gently stroking the backs of my babies heads as a walk by them.  This is Little Man's head, his hair is so soft and just a bit fuzzy and curly in the back.  I call him my fuzzy duck, which I suppose will bring him endless humiliation later in life.



Crayons!  I have a huge crayon tower, which my kids are not allowed to share.  I bought them a box of big, fat crayons for our art project times.  Little Man mostly tries to eat the crayons, but Honeybun colors a bit.



My new bed.  We got a new bed a few weeks ago and it is divine.  We're both sleeping so much better, it's ridiculous that we suffered with our old mattress so long.  It was saggy and unfortunate and had survived many years and the months of giant twin pregnancy.  

The "nummy jar."  It is actually an elephant shaped cookie jar, but it does not contain cookies.  It sits on our table and holds all of the kids' favorite treats/snacks.  Freeze-dried fruits, bunny grahams, fruit leather, yogurt melts, etc.  They get so excited when I lift the lid.


And my babies... They were once this tiny.

And my husband.










No comments:

Post a Comment