Thursday, August 2, 2012

Colds

Before I had babies I almost never caught a cold.  I've been known to skip the colds my husband brought home.  I worked with school-aged kids for two years and only got sick once.  Since I got pregnant I've had 4 colds in less than one year, two of them in the past month.  Nine months of pregnancy plus recovering from a c-section and the exhaustion of taking care of newborn twins has destroyed my immune system.

The real problem with these last two colds is that I can't take my usual medicines because I am nursing and I need to be alert enough to take care of my sniffly babies.  Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Little Man and Honeybun are also on their second colds in the past month.  My poor babies are waking up every hour or so because they cough and sneeze and snore and lose their pacifiers.  This means that mommy is up every hour or so.  My husband offered to help, but the best way to keep him healthy is to let him get as much rest as possible so I'm trying to do as much of the waking up as I can.

Here's hoping this cold is over soon and that it doesn't infect the only healthy person left in our home.  One sick mommy and two sick babies should be enough for one family.  I just have to hold out until the weekend when Daddy takes care of his babies from 5am until 10am and Mommy has a nice, long, uninterrupted sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment