Monday, August 27, 2012

Truths pt 1

Motherhood means that you are the last person to get your needs met, always.

This is not necessarily anyone's fault. Some of it happens out of necessity. Babies needs are automatically prioritized. Some of it we do to ourselves. "No I'm not really that tired, dear. You go take a nap." I have definitely said this to my husband when I was probably more tired than him.

Regardless of why it's happening, it's a truth of motherhood. I will nearly always put my babies and my husband ahead of myself. Moms everywhere do it,too. Your needs come last. Unless you are with your own mother or your sisters. In those moments, relish the fact that you can shower, wear clean-ish clothes, and eat real meals at real meal times without guilt. Because if you mother is like mine, she makes sure your needs are met. Now why does that sound familiar ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment