Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Success!!!!!!

Yes, I know that's a lot of exclamation points, but I have accomplished something truly awesome.  Well I think it's truly awesome, anyway.  Here's the story...

My wonderful husband has a business trip this week and I do not feel up to handling the twins on my own for that long.  I'm sure I could do it, but it's entirely likely that I'd be reduced to talking to myself and eating cold cereal for every meal.  Instead I am at my parents' house for the week.  I think it was the wise choice.

In order to get here, though, I had to make the four hour drive alone with Little Man and Honeybun.  Normally we would drive up all together on the weekend, but Little Man had a doctor's appointment that couldn't be rescheduled.  

The drive went just fine, as long as you're cool with an hour of constant fussing and ten minutes of full-on screaming at the end.  I was so glad to have my sister's help when we arrived.  She unloaded the car while I fed babies and then made the two of us a delicious grilled pizza dinner.  I should have taken pictures, but I was too tired to think of that at the time.

I'm inordinately proud of this little accomplishment.  I feel it bodes well for my future freedom and our future adventures.

P.S.  It it possible to put a pacifier back in the mouth of the screaming baby in the rear facing car seat situated behind your seat while driving.  It's just not comfortable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment