Sunday, August 11, 2013

June and July... Part 3

So after our departure from Nashville, the cherubs and I took up residence in Pensacola for two weeks.  At my parents' new home... the one with the enormous open floor plan, view of the bay, large backyard pool, dishwasher that magically unloads itself, washer and dryer that fold clothes, kitchen that prepares dinner and on call baby entertainers.  Okay, so the appliances don't actually do any work.  It just seems like they do because my parents and siblings do so many of the mind numbing chores that suck up my time.  

The other stuff is true, though.  When my parents moved from Michigan to Florida, they did it with gusto.  Their house is beautiful and I thoroughly enjoyed my extended stay.  Little Man and Honeybun were in heaven, too.  They had so much space to toddle around and new toys to explore, including the pool.  Plus my mom has two huge cabinets filled with Tupperware. And there is a dog.  Lucy, my parents retriever mix, was a very patient playmate and did funny things like tickling their toes at dinner.

We did one beach day when my husband came down for the weekend.  It was fun for an hour or so and then we got rained off the beach and stuck in a giant thunderstorm.  Honeybun enjoyed all aspects of the beach.  She sat right down and dug into the sand, then giggled while the surf splashed around her knees.  Little Man enjoyed his picnic lunch and splashing in a bucket of water, but wasn't so enthused about the actual gulf.

All in all it was a great trip.  My eighteen year old brother gets a world's best uncle award for making the two day drive home with us, stopping at Cracker Barrel for four meals, and listening to The Lumineers cd too many times to count.  Little Man and Honeybun are seasoned little travelers, but they were excited to get home and see their daddy and all their own things.

That's our summer adventure.  Here's some baby cuteness...


No comments:

Post a Comment