Monday, August 12, 2013

New baby happenings

As we wrap up our summer, Little Man and Honeybun are showing some new (and frankly adorable) personality traits.  It's so much fun to watch them turn into little people of their own.  I know they've always been people, but lets be honest, babies are just bundles of needs and complaints for quite awhile.  Even after they got past the 'bundle of needs' phase, their personalities were just beginning to emerge.

Now they are doing new and exciting things all the time.  Honeybun loves to copy mommy, so she steals my purse and drags shopping bags around the house.  Her favorite one is a red Coach bag, my baby girl has good taste.  She has also started adopting stuffed animals.  She snuggles with the Piglet taggie blanket that my mom made for her and she likes to carry her Elmo with her when she travels.  Standing over the air vents is by far her funniest new trait.  We have some cute Marilyn Monroe photos of her with her little dress blowing around.

Little Man wants to help with everything.  He is constantly looking for a door to close, even the doors we want to leave open.  He has come close to shutting his sister in the fridge a couple times.  He also helps us clean.  He steals paper towels, washcloths, wet wipes, etc. and 'wipes up' messes.  This usually makes a bigger mess, but it's adorable.  His new favorite place to hang out is my husband's favorite recliner.  He hauls his little body up in the chair, then sprawls out to relax.

It's become so much fun to be their mommy.  I'm so glad I got help dealing with my postpartum issues.  Being myself again has allowed me to enjoy my little family and pay better attention to the perfect little individuals my children are becoming.  It's a much better way to live.

Caution...adorable baby photos below!



No comments:

Post a Comment